Aromatherapy could be part of the larger field of herbal medicine. Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils (plant oils extracted from leaves, flowers, and other parts). Each oil has a characteristic scent In aromatherapy, the oil is inhaled or used topically on skin for sleep, headaches, and other conditions.
These are the same essential oils used in our skincare products sourced from a well known company, bottled here in our facility for you! We strongly advise these essential oils to not be ingested, and used as aromatherapy or diluted in a carrier oil ONLY.
****Usage: For external use only (never consume/ingest essential oils). Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use on children, or when pregnant, nursing or while using medication.
An essential oil should not be used instead of seeing a doctor for medical advice. Never self-prescribe and if in doubt please ask your doctor. Do not use on sensitive skin and always do a small test of the oil before use. If an allergic reaction occurs or you get the oil in your eyes then wash away the oil with water and then seek medical attention.
**ALWAYS DILUTE ESSENTIAL OILS IN A CARRIER OIL AT 1-2% BEFORE APPLYING DIRECTLY TO THE SKIN.
1. Amnesty : Mammy's Soap Co version of Thieves. Blend of Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus, Rosemary and Lemon. Well being.
2. Amyris : Musty, faintly woody scent. Antiseptic, balsamic, sedative.
3. Balsam Peru : Rich, sweet, balsamic, "vanilla-like" scent. Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, expectorant, parasiticide, stimulant.
4. Benzoin : Styrax-like odour. Many uses including cuts, chapped skin, inflamed and irritated conditions, and respiratory conditions.
5. Birch : Sweet, woody, wintergreen-like scent. Limited use as a counter-irritant in anti-arthritic and anti-neuralgic ointments and analgesic balms.
6. Cajeput : A pungent turpentine & camphor odor, with a slightly herbaceous aroma. Good decongestant.
7. Camphor : Sharp, pungent camphoraceous odour. Bactericidal, antiviral, counter-irritant, stimulant.
8. Cedarwood (Himalayan) : Stimulating. Refreshing. Tonic effect. Woody smell.
9. Cinnamon : Stimulating. Great for oil burners. Use sparingly. Strong Aroma. Do not use in skin products, can cause sensitivity. Spicy & fiery with oriental aroma's.
10. Citronella : Relaxant. Good for helping with rheumatic pain. Lemony citrus aroma.
11. Clary Sage : Aphrodisiac, Calming, Antiseptic. Sweet nutty & sweet woody fragrance.
12. Clove Bud : Sweet, spicy with a fruity fresh top note. Good for athlete's foot, insect repellent, toothache, nausea.
13. Eucalyptus : Antiseptic. Stimulating smell, Clearing.
14. Fennel : Best known for its licorice-like flavor and smell. Rub Fennel on your stomach or on the bottom of your feet to help ease menstrual or digestive discomfort.
15. Fir Needle : Pleasing, rich, sweet-balsamic odour. Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, astringent, EMMENAGOGUE, digestive, diuretic, sedative.
16. Frankincense : Steam distilled Frankincense. Sweet & warming with a balsamic base note & slightly musky aroma. Used to stimulate the mind & providing comfort.
17. Geranium (Egyptian): An earthy floral scent, with slight herbaceous minty undertones.
18. Ginger : Warm, soothing, and comforting. Used to treat nausea, upset stomach, menstrual disorders, inflammation and respiratory conditions.
19. Grapefruit : A citrus aroma similar to the fruit. Uplifting & refreshing.
20. Jasmine : Sensual, aphrodisiac, moody & dark. Floral exotic aroma with dark notes.
21. Juniper Berry : An evergreen shrub with berries. Multiple notes of turpentine, pepper & balsamic undertones. Refreshing smell. Can be used to help hormonal issues or stimulate menstruation or to relieve emotional symptoms of the menopause. Acts as an EMMENAGOGUE so be careful using around pregnant women.
22. Lavender (French) : Antiseptic, stimulating while relaxing. 5 drops in the bath to aid with relaxation.
23. Lemon : Invigorating, diuretic, deodorising. Lemon citrus smell. Cold pressed.
24. Lemongrass : Invigorating & antibacterial. Warm lemon grassy smell.
25. Lime : Good stimulant & antiviral. Sharp bitter citrus peel aroma. Slightly warming. Steam distilled.
26. Myrrh (Sweet) : Viscous, warm, rich, spicy-balsamic odour. Used for mouth for soreness and swelling, inflamed gums (gingivitis), loose teeth, canker sores, bad breath, and chapped lips. It is also used topically for hemorrhoids, bedsores, wounds, abrasions, and boils
27. Orange (Sweet) : Refreshes & stimulates. Sweet orange. Great for oil burners.
28. Oregano : Warm, spicy-herbaceous, camphoraceous odour. Analgesic, antirheumatic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, fungicidal, stimulant. DERMAL TOXIN, SKIN IRRITANT, MUCOUS MEMBRANE IRRITANT.
28. Palmarosa : Sweet, floral, rosy, geranium-like scent. This is an essence (aromatherapy) which acts on the pathogenic intestinal flora. Helps with anorexia, digestive atonia. Moisturizes, stimulates, and regulates sebum production.
29. Patchouli : Anti-inflammatory, sedates, aphrodisiac. Strong earthy smell. Often used as a base note in perfume & products. Patchouli is thick & will take time to drip from the bottle.
30. Peppermint : Refreshing & soothing. Good for hangovers. Menthol smell that stimulates the mind. Great oil for an oil burner.
31. Rosemary : Cleansing, invigorating, stimulating. Green woody aroma with a menthol undertone & a tint of burnt bark.
32. Spearmint : Warm, spicy, herbaceous minty odour. Resembles the properties of peppermint oil, but its effects are less powerful making it better for those who are more sensitive.
33. Tangerine : Fresh, sweet, citrusy scent brighter than orange. Helps treat dandruff and dry scalp.
25. Tea Tree : Antiseptic. Fights bacteria, fungi & virus. Medicinal but refreshing smell. Good for helping with acne and fighting feet & toe fungal infections. One of the most useful of all essential oils & a great addition to any first aid kit.
26. Ylang Ylang : Confidence. Exotic and oriental floral notes. Used in perfumes. Use sparingly.
All properties listed here, are for reference purposes only. ***These essential oils and Mammy's Soap Co do not claim to diagnose, treat or cure any illnesses, diseases or conditions. If product is ingested or irritation occurs seek professional medical attention immediately. Do not use on children, or while pregnant or nursing.***
100% Pure, Natural Essential Oils
Our essential oils all have a shelf life in excess of 12 months. However, as with any essential oil we recommend using it within 12 months of opening.
Supplied in a 15 ml amber glass bottle with tamper evident cap and integrated dropper
Payment accepted through PayPal or direct checkout with a Credit Card. Tennessee State residents will automatically be charged state sales tax.
Shipping from United States
Item(s) ship as soon as payment is received, usually within 2-3 business days. Items are mailed first class or priority mail with delivery confirmation. Shipping for multiple items will be combined and I will refund any shipping overages over $1.00.
Your order ships to your Etsy address, unless by prior arrangement.
Due to the nature of this product, Mammy's Soap Co is unable to give refunds. We will offer to replace the product if there is a handmade error. If the item is returned, shipping cost for the item to be returned will not be refunded.
There may be variations to each bar's color, shape, scent and/or form because the essentials are handmade with natural ingredients. Some bars made with vanilla will brown overtime. Soap continues to cure overtime and the weight may slightly decrease over time, however, this will give you a longer lasting bar of soap. Packaging may vary from the photo.
Custom orders are welcome. We will do our best to accommodate your needs. Wholesale inquires and large orders are considered with advanced notice, just convo us.
Please feel free to contact us regarding ingredients due to allergies.
Disclaimer: No claims are being made about the soaps or products sold by Mammy's Soap Co being a cure, treatment, or diagnosis for health conditions. The botanicals, essential oils, and added ingredients used are incorporated into these soaps for their reputed benefits. The effects are from personal opinion and reported claims. The item descriptions are for general informational purposes only. If you are experiencing health problems or conditions seek medical attention from a healthcare professional.